I Missed A Beat :(

Posted by Payton Wilmott On Wednesday, October 1, 2014 0 comments



I am heartbroken and traumatized; I woke up last week and saw my Bluetooth Beats By Dre headset in pieces, sponge one place and the headband cracked. 
 




I have a strong feeling it was my ex… sneaked into to the house and killed my beloved Beats to get back at me. So, am back on the hunt for a new stereo headset. This week we have two Bluetooth headsets from two different manufactures to put on the chopping board.

AKG [K830 BT] by Harman
This brand is new to me and I didn’t expect to be impressed by these headphones at all, but they say big things come in small packages. The AKG comes packed with a cloth case, and a USB cable for charging. I’m shaking the box right now, and there is nothing else coming out folks.
Appearance 5 out of 5: Well, it’s the best looking Bluetooth headphone I have seen. It’s elegant and small for a stereo headset, and you’ll never see a design like this anywhere else.
 
Sound Quality 3 out of 5: This headphone has a perfect clarity, but there isn’t enough bass to satisfy a bass junky like me. At high volumes the device still maintains its clarity, but still doesn’t produce adequate bass.

Build and Fit 5 out of 5: The AKG is made with mostly plastic as well, but feels sturdy and well built. These headphones are light weight and feel so comfortable over your ears. After a whole day of use you’ll still be at ease with them on your head. The music controls are on the left ear piece which takes a time to get use to since music control for most Bluetooth headphones are on the right.  Otherwise from that, I would say these are the most comfortable Bluetooth headphones I have used. The going price for this Bluetooth headphone is around $18,000 dollars.


Blu Band by Klip Extreme
Surprise surprise… A Bluetooth headphone that cost less than 7,000 dollars has arrived. The Blu Band has thoroughly surprised me with its cost and features. It speaks “power on” when it’s turned on and “power off” when it’s turned off. This is a first for me, and I have used a lot of Bluetooth devices. The Blu Band comes packed with a USB cable for charging. What else did you expected for prices like that?
Appearance 4 out of 5: Well, it looks quite similar to some Beats by Dre headphones you’ll see folks wearing these days. Only difference here is the absence of red, and the Beats logo.

Sound Quality 4 out of 5: These headphones have a perfect balance between Bass, Mid-Range, and Treble. They also can attain some extreme volume which is very good for canceling out the kartel songs on the local coasters. These are the loudest Bluetooth headphones I have ever used.

Build and Fit 3 out of 5: The Blu Band is also made with mostly plastic, but is just as sturdy as the rest of the candidates here. The only problem I have with this headphone is the ear cushions. This headphone is so tight that they begin to hurt your ears after an hour using them. Your ears won’t be pleased by these cushions, but the feeling is bearable. The music controls are also on the left ear piece like the AKG; makes me wonder if this is the new trend.  The going price for this Bluetooth headphone is around $6,000 dollars. 

Final Thoughts

I love saving money more that I love stew peas, and I looooove stew peas… so you know which one I’m going to choose. The products mentioned in this article were provided courtesy of Royale Computers and Accessories telephone#: 906-1067, 906-1068, and 754-5048.

0 comments:

Post a Comment