Cable Box In The Building!!!

Posted by Payton Wilmott On Wednesday, February 11, 2015 0 comments



Sometime life will through everything it got at you to slow you down but being strong and persevering is what my mother thought me and I’m going to honor her memory by overcoming the hell that was January. Anyhow, the next generation of gaming console is now one year older and I have finally gotten my hands on an Xbox One; better late than never. So, let’s start the year of with my unbiased Jamaican review of the Xbox One and I have to say… no amount of reading or watching YouTube videos could prepare me for the experience I had with the Xbox One.
System Design
The Xbox One Designed… I think Microsoft took the meaning of Xbox too literally and made the system into a… you guessed it, a box. I wouldn’t say it’s ugly, but it doesn’t turn heads for the good reasons. The system is big and square! Even the camera that comes with it is a relative of the square family. My assumption is that they wanted the system to run as cool as possible no matter how it looked. Well if that’s what they were aiming for then bravo Microsoft. The Xbox One runs very cool and quiet more so than its competitors and that is certainly welcomed in our climate. After 9 hours of continuous Killer Instinct and Warframe which are 100% free games; the Xbox One was still quite and cool as a cucumber.
 
System Controller
The best FPS controller got a little bit better with some tweaks. Now the D-pad on the controller is ready for fighting game fanatics. No more strange webbing for diagonal buttons which was a sore point for must person trying to pull off a combos in games like Tekken.  I have tried and tested the D-pad in Killer Instinct although I got my ass kicked… I couldn’t blame the controller this time around.
The Kinect
The every watching eye of Microsoft that really creeps me out. The new version of the Kinect has microphones built-in and listens to you every minute of the day even if it’s on or off. It has night vision, heat vision, 1080p camera, and infrared lights. That entire tech gives the Kinect the ability to accept voice commands like Xbox On or Shutdown. Also some sports game can tell if you said something inappropriate and penalize you for saying it. The Kenitc also helps you to do video Skype and hand gestures to navigate through the Xbox One menus. After awhile the novelty wears off on the hand gestures, but you will still appreciate the other option that is in the Kinect.
Final Thoughts
This time around you can’t regret buying a next Gen gaming console. Unless you bought a Nintendo WiiU, the all hope is lost and you’ll be stuck playing Mario games for awhile. The Xbox One is a well rounded gaming console and a well rounded media player too now that it can play almost all video format from a thumb drive or harddrive. This is an all in one entertainment console that does everything well, the only compliant I have is”I always feel like, somebody’s watching me, and I have no privacy”. Thank the Lord the Kinect can be disconnected now. The products mentioned in this article were provided courtesy of Royale Computers and Accessories telephone#: 906-1067, 906-1068, and 754-5048.

0 comments:

Post a Comment