How Smart Is Your TV?

Posted by Payton Wilmott On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 0 comments



Folks, last week started out with me crying like a baby for about 2 hours. I was moaning the death of my Samsung LCD TV/Monitor that was murder by my friend's two (2) year old son. I know you all maybe  curious to how this fatality occur... Let's just say Xbox Kinect and under age children don't work well together. Anyway, I was on the hunt to find myself a replacement for my HDTV, and the best option I found was one that impressed me so much that I had to share it with my readers. The Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 is more than what meets the eye.





Let's Talk Specs
After I read the specification sheet I had to remind myself that what I was reading was for a Television/Monitor and not for a laptop. Take a look at the specifications below.
Display : 27" inch Screen Size, LED Display, 1920 x 1080 Resolution, 5ms Response Time.
Ports : D-Sub, (2) HDMI, RF In, (2) USB Port, Component In (Y / Pb / Pr), Composite In (AV), CI Slot, Scart Input, Ethernet (LAN), Audio in (Mini Jack), Audio out (Headphone).
They are ports on this device for every possible occasion, but after a week of use I realized it was missing one key feature and that was Built-In Wi-Fi. This might be disappointing to some, but there is an option to buy a special Samsung Wi-Fi dongle that will give the TV/Monitor the ability to use Wi-Fi. 

Let's Talk Features
You might not believe what I'm about to say in regards to feature, but I assure you that all I'm about to say has been tried and proven to be true.
Connect Share: This device can play movies/music/and photos from a flash drive or external hard drive. I have tested videos up to 1080p resolution and they play without any problems.
DTV Broadcasting Record (Extra USB Hard Drive required) supported: This device can pause/rewind/and record live TV. You can pause and rewind your favorite shows on CVM or TVJ.
USB keyboard & mouse supported for web browser: Plug your internet cable directly into the TV/Monitor, plus a USB mouse and keyboard and you can surf the web without the aid of a computer.
Smart Hub: This is a menu option that come with the device that lets you download apps like Netflix, Tweeter, Facebook, Hulu and a variety of other things to work on the TV/Monitor.

Final Thoughts
At this point in time I'm kind of glad the kid slaughtered my previous HDTV, because the Samsung T27B550 is more than a HDTV... It's a very Smart HDTV that produces rich colors, deep black and sharp picture quality. The Samsung T27B550 retails for about 60,000 dollars, which may look steep but remember what you are getting for your money. The products mentioned in this article were provided courtesy of Royale Computers and Accessories telephone#: 906-1067, 906-1068, and 754-5048.

0 comments:

Post a Comment