Life without a Smartphone

Posted by Payton Wilmott On Wednesday, May 7, 2014 0 comments



It has been a rough month and it seems to be getting harder as the days go by… You may be wondering what the hell I’m talking about and why I started off this blog so gloomy. Well, I most recently parted ways with two of the most influential persons in my life. The first person I gave up for adaption was my close friend the iPhone 4S with its silky smooth sturdy built body. This was a planed adoption and I tried being strong about it because there is still hope that she will return to me one day. The final one was my wife (the Samsung Galaxy S4) that fell ill recently without warning. I was soon to find out that the illness was life threatening and I had to bury her last week. Now I’m living life like a crack head with withdrawal syndrome, thus giving life to my first blog in month.

Life without a Smartphone

Living without a Smartphone in Jamaica is the worst thing that can happen to a Tech writer… Sadly I’m a tech writer. So, just imagine the hell I’m going through at the moment… Given the fact that Smartphones are so expensive here you only have two options if you find yourself in a predicament like I am.

Option 1

The king of all cheapness, the name that started cell phones in Jamaica the Nokia *^^%$##$& something another, not quite sure of the name, but it is also called the Flashlight Phone. Once you say flash light phone everybody knows what you talking about.

Special Features:

  • Tiny screen that was made for persons with 20/20 vision to use…
  • A powerful multipurpose high intensity God like beam that shoots out from the top of the phone to provide light… Let There Be Artificial Light!!!
  • Battery Life that can last you until the end of days! My uncle lost his Nokia charge last Christmas… his battery level is now at 99.9%.
  • A built in radio!!! I wish more Smartphone would keep this function in instead of taking it out. Smh…
  • And finally a talking clock… This is when you know you have hit rock bottom.

Option 2

The dreaded Blackberry… The one set of phones I avoid like a plague; once the king of the hype scene now currently in the bargain bin at your local barber shop going for whatever you can find in your pocket.
 
Special Features:

  • Effective against wounding thieves and menacing stray dogs.
  • Still consider a chick magnet by most retards.

This is what you call being stuck between a rock and a hard place… Sigh. I just got to end this blog in suspense because I still haven’t chosen as yet. So I will leave it at… to be continued. The scenically views continues next week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment